Jon Witz, the producer of the Ford Arts, Beats & Eats festival in Royal Oak, talks about what’s in store for the event’s 21st year (7:02). Plus, music writer Gary Graff drops by to talk about the Detroit Jazz Fest, the funeral of Aretha Franklin, and his favorite concert of the year (36:14).
Here’s what’s happening in metro Detroit for the week of August 27, 2018:
- Wednesday 8/29: Miguel at Freedom Hill
- Thursday 8/30: WNIC’s 80s Summer Bash with Culture Club and the B-52s at DTE Energy Music Theatre
- Saturday 9/1: Breaking Benjamin and Five Finger Death Punch at DTE Energy Music Theatre
- Saturday 9/1: T.I. at Chene Park
- The Ann Arbor Showcase: Connie Ettinger
- The Holly Hotel: Zach Martina
- Big Tommy’s in Novi: Keith Ruff
- Friday 8/31: White Flash Album Release Party at Planet Ant in Hamtramck
- The Catfish Tofu at Detroit Vegan Soul has been named one of America’s “Top Ten Vegan Dishes”
- Kuzzo’s Chicken and Waffles is opening a second Woodward location
- The Hamtramck Labor Day Festival happens this weekend.
- So is the Michigan State Fair.