Earlier this year, Brandon Zarb left his role as the chef behind Imperial and Public House in Ferndale to become a paraprofessional educator at Rising Stars Academy in Centerline, where he teaches students with mental disabilities to work with food. He join us to tell us about his journey.
You can support the Rising Stars Academy by attending the Harvest Festival in the Hoop House on October 22nd.
- Favorite Way to Spend a Sunny Day in Detroit: Walk on the Riverfront
- Favorite Specialty Shop: 168 Asian Mart in Madison Heights
- Favorite Dive Bar: Bumbo's Bar in Hamtramck
- Detroiter He'd Want to Meet: Ty Cobb
- Favorite Song by a Detroit Artist: Anything off of De Stijl by the White Stripes
- Favorite Late Night Food Spot: Yemen Cafe in Hamtramck