Chef Genevieve Vang of Bangkok96 Street Food at the Detroit Shipping Company and Bangkok96 in Dearborn is having quite a year: she was a James Beard Award semi-finalist and was named “Chef of the Year” by Eater Detroit. She stops by the podcast to talk about her Hmong roots, her time in Paris, and how her first year with a restaurant in Detroit proper has changed her life.
Chef G's Picks:
- Favorite Detroit Dish: Detroit-style pizza
- Favorite Ethnic Food Shop: Carlo Ciaramitaro Wholesale Produce
- Place on a Sunny Day: Belle Isle
- Detroit Charity: Focus Hope
- Place in Dearborn Detroiters Should Know: Dearborn Animal Shelter
- Place for a Kids' Birthday Party: Detroit Shipping Company