Comedian Paolo Busignani joins Seth and Becky to talk about what's happening in Detroit, including the Mo Pop music festival, the World Series of Bowling, and the new season of Broadway in Detroit.
Also, Alyson Jones Turner of the Detroit Sound Conservancy talks about the mission to salvage the city's musical legacy. And Gary Graff, music writer for The Oakland Press, dishes about Alice Cooper's next album and the return of a new old classic rock radio station.
Here's what's happening in metro Detroit for the week of March 11, 2019:
- Friday 3/15: QuinnXCII at The Filmore
- Friday 3/15: The Claudettes, Ryan Dillaha & the Miracles, and The High Strung at Otus Supply
- Friday 3/15: Pro Musica Presents Sphinx Soloists at the Cube
- Saturday 3/16: Celebrate Women's History Month with the Detroit Women's Chorus at the Detroit Public Library
- Saturday 3/16: Jessica Care Moore's Black Women Rock: 15th Anniversary Concert at the Charles Wright Museum
- Saturday 3/16: All Star Legends of Hip Hop at Masonic Temple
- Monday 3/18: James Bay at the Royal Oak Music Theatre
- On Sale: Sunday 6/2: Stone Temple Pilots at the Detroit Grand Prix
- On Sale: Friday 8/17: Nelly, TLC & FloRida at DTE
- Mark your calendar: The Detroit Music Awards are on April 26th.
Paolo Busignani on Growing Up Catholic
- Thursday 3/14: Tap Dog at the Fox Theatre
- Saturday 3/16: Hater Roast: The Shady Tour at Music Hall
- Saturday 3/16: Iraqi Comedian Ahmed Al-Basheer at the Chrysler Theatre in Windsor
- Saturday 3/16: The Pump and Dump Show at the Royal Oak Music Theatre
- Broadway in Detroit has announced its 2019-2020 season.
- Open Book Theatre Company in Trenton: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time (opening)
- The Professional Bowlers Association's 10th anniversary World Series of Bowling at Thunderbowl Lanes in Allen Park.
- Wednesday 3/13 and Thursday 3/14: ReWEARable is hosting an event to help young women in metro Detroit celebrate prom night in style. You can also support their GoFundMe campaign.
- Opening Day for the Detroit Tigers is April 4th. Now would be a good time to get your tickets to tailgate at Eastern Market.
Rahaf Khatib of Farmington Hills in Adidas' “She Breaks Barriers” Initiative:
Food & Drink
- Check out St. Patrick's Day eats at Mix Bricktown, Queens Bar, and the Eastern Market Brewing Co.
- Detroit has released restaurant inspection reports in an interactive database.
- Seth's Shoutout: Michigan Radio's Believed Podcast
- Becky's Shoutout: Empty Bowls & The Detroit History Club
- Paolo's Shoutout: A Mission of Love
- Tigers Pitcher Matthew Boyd & wife Ashley have started a nonprofit called Kingdom Home – & they are already taking care of 36 girls in Uganda.
- Celebrate 313 Day with Detroit vs. Everybody gear from Adidas.
Detroit Zoo Commercial
- Favorite Kid’s Birthday Party Venue: Sky Zone
- Favorite Italian Restaurant: Da Francescos in Shelby Township
- Favorite Local TV Commercial: Detroit Zoo commercials
- Favorite Way to Spend a Summer Day: Belle Isle
- Favorite Local Detroit DJ: Anne Carlini
- Favorite Open Mic: Mark Ridley’s Comedy Castle