A podcast is an on-demand audio show. Think of it like a radio talk show that you can listen to whenever and wherever you want.
The easiest way to listen is to download our free mobile app:
How to Listen on an iPhone or iPad
- Your phone has an app called Podcasts on it. Open it.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon labeled “Search.”
- In the search box, type “The D Brief Detroit.”
- In the search results, click on The D Brief icon under “Podcasts” (not “Podcast Episodes”).
- Click the “Subscribe” button. You are now subscribed to the podcast, and it will appear in the “My Podcasts” section of your Podcasts app.
- Click on “My Podcasts.”
- Click on The D Brief.
- Click on the episode you want to listen to.
- If you want to download the episode to your device instead of streaming it, you can. If you want to listen to the episode while you are offline, download it.
How to Listen on an Android Device
- On an Android phone, click this link.
- Your phone will open the Google Podcasts app (you do not need to install the app; it's already on your phone).
- Play an episode.
- Better yet, click the “Subscribe” button.
How to Listen on an Amazon Echo
Our podcast is available in short daily segments so you can start every morning with us.
- Say, “Alexa, Enable The D Brief podcast.” (You only need to do this once.)
- You've now enable the Alexa skill for The D Brief podcast. Every day, simply say, “Alexa, play The D Brief podcast,” and you'll hear a new segment.
- “Alexa, ask The D Brief podcast to skip forward ____ minutes (or seconds).”
- “Alexa, ask The D Brief podcast to skip back ____ minutes (or seconds).”
- “Alexa, ask The D Brief podcast to skip ahead ___ episodes.”
- “Alexa, ask The D Brief podcast to go to the latest episode.”
How to Listen on a Google Home
Say, “Hey Google, play The D Brief: Detroit Arts and Entertainment podcast.”
- “Listen to the latest episode of The D Brief: Detroit Arts and Entertainment podcast.”
- “Next episode.”
- “Previous episode.”