Stand-up comedian Mike Geeter returns to the podcast to talk about what's going on in the Detroit arts and entertainment scene with Seth and Becky. They discuss Kevin Hart's Hart of the City 2 and his upcoming shows at Mark Ridley's Comedy Castle and the Holly Hotel.
Also, Leah Smith, Director of The House on Poe Street talks about the upcoming performance at Detroit Repertory Theatre.
Here's what's happening in metro Detroit for the week of January 7th, 2018:
- Thursday 01/10: Kacey Musgraves at the Royal Oak Music Theatre
- Saturday 01/12: Latin Jazz All Stars at Music Hall
- Wednesday 01/16: Lettuce at Saint Andrews Hall
- On Sale: Friday 01/11 at 10am Jimmy Buffet at DTE Energy Music Theatre
- Big Tommy's in Novi: Dave Landau
- Mark Ridley's Comedy Castle in Royal Oak: Mark Ridley's 40th Year Celebration with Louis Anderson
- Open Book Theatre Company in Trenton: Wonder of the World
- The Ringwald Theater in Ferndale: Significant Other
- Little Caesars Arena: Cirque de Soleil Corteo
- Thursday 1/10 – Sunday 1/13: An Evening with Girl with No Job at Royal Oak Music Theatre
- Saturday 1/12: 100 Video Video Hour at Ghost Light in Hamtramck
- Closing: Disney's Aladdin at the Detroit Opera House
100 Video Video Hour
- The 37th annual Plymouth Ice Festival is this weekend.
- Learn About Black Bottom: The History of Detroit's Lost Black Neighborhood.
- PuppetArt Theater has a new home.
- Royal Oak's Nightclub Luna has closed after 19 years in business. It was once named “Best Dance Club” by Metro Times.
Cirque du Soleil's Corteo
Food & Drink
- Love Eating Outside? Hearty enough to do in Winter? Traffic Jam is offering 20% of your bill to eat on the patio. Also access to secret drink menu, on Wednesdays January and February.
- Hopslam is back and finding it before it sells out can be a challenge. Bell's double IPA made with honey is a limited release that you can try at the release party January 10th at Ale Mary's in Royal Oak.
- John Sinclair fulfills a dream with the recent legalization of Marijuana for recreational use. John Sinclair Foundation Cafe & Coffee Shop inside Dr. Bob's Psychedelic Healing Shack.
- Royal Oak native Bruce Campbell is set to host reboot of Ripley's Believe It or Not
- Seth's Shoutout: Shelly Smith and 50 First Jokes headlined Seth's shoutouts this week.
- Becky's Shoutout: SoFar concert dates are set to hit Detroit with intimate gigs at secret locations for each date.
- Mike's Shoutout: GoodBoy clothing was founded in Flint, MI and is expanding rapidly. The Legacy Civic Fund serves to improve the quality of life for all through education, financial literacy, and health awareness.
- Favorite Detroit Food: American Coney Islands
- Thing About Detroit That You Brag About: How Detroiters are “the salt of the Earth”
- Detroit Comedians People Should Know: Dave Landau, Josh Adams, and Jeff Horste
- Favorite Faygo Flavor: Orange