Jewell Dziendziel of The Bite Tonight Detroit food blog, joins Seth and comedian Alana Gonzalez to talk about what's happening in Detroit this week. The talk about Mike Posner's cross-country trek, dangerous amusement park rides, and the Detroiter who killed it at Coachella.
Also, WDET's Ann Delisi calls in to talk about 10-year anniversary of Essential Music and Aretha Franklin's Pulitzer Prize.
Here's what's happening in metro Detroit for the week of April 15th, 2019:
- Thursday 4/18: Brian McKnight at The Sound Board
- Saturday 4/20: The Revivalist at The Royal Oak Music Theatre
- Saturday 4/20: Boney James at The Detroit Opera Theatre
- Saturday 4/20: Pop Evil at The Fillmore
- Tuesday 4/23: Rival Sons at The Fillmore
Food & Drink
- Sunday 4/21: Easter Gospel Brunch with Baobab Fare at UFO Factory
- Check out Eater Detroit's list of “30 Essential Detroit Area Patios.”
- The legendary Anchor Bar is getting a makeover.
- Jewell loves the chicken-fired tofu at Anti-Hero in Ferndale.
I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson
- Thursday 4/18: The Redford Theatre hosts a tribute to Ron Sweed, a.k.a. “The Ghoul.”
- A new study says hanging out with the animals at the Detroit Zoo can reduce stress.
- Geek.com says Ozark is the most binge-watched TV show in Michigan.
- The Detroit History Podcast has great episodes on The Ghoul and the Anchor Bar.
- Alana Gonzalez' Shoutouts: The Independent, a new comedy club in Hamtramck, and the Motor City Comedy Festival.
- Jewell Dziendziel's Shoutout: On April 28th, come to the “Brunch for Dinner” pop-up at Gabriel Hall.
- Seth's Shoutout: The D Hotel & Casino in downtown Las Vegas.
- Favorite Detroit Websites: Eater or Thrillist
- Favorite Ethnic Food Shop: Alcamo's Market in Dearborn
- Favorite Place for Brunch: Folk in Corktown
- Favorite Place to See a Concert: The Magic Stick or St. Andrew's Hall
- Favorite Place to Buy Unique Gifts: Well Done Goods in Eastern Market
- Favorite Dive Bar: Honest John's in Midtown
- Favorite Place to Spend a Sunny Day: Dequindre Cut
- Favorite Movie Set in Detroit: Gran Turino