Seth and Becky discuss the week in Detroit, including your Labor Day weekend options, the new Motown documentary, and Detroit's presence at the Podcast Movement conference.
Plus, Ann Delisi, the host of WDET's Essential Music, calls in to talk about the Detroit Jazz Festival and her upcoming event with NPR's Don Gonyea.
Here's what's happening in metro Detroit for the week of August 26, 2019:
- Thursday 8/29: Phantogram at The Fillmore
- Friday 8/30: Jessica Hernandez & the Deltas at The Magic Stick
- Friday 8/30: MC50 at Saint Andrews Hall
- Friday 8/30 – Monday 9/2: Arts, Beats & Eats in Royal Oak
- Sunday 9/1: Meek Mill & the Future at DTE Energy Theatre
Hitsville: The Making of Motown on Showtime
Food & Drink
- Detroit Atwater Beach will open this fall on the east riverfront.
- Anthony Bourdain was producing a documentary about Detroit when he died. It's currently looking for a home.
- Coming to the 71st and 72nd floors of the RenCen this fall: The Highlands steakhouse, High Bar cocktail lounge, and Hearth 71.
- Russell Street Deli in Eastern Market will close this Saturday.
- Saturday 9/21: Ann Delisi's Essential Cooking
- Thursday 8/29 – Monday 9/2: The Michigan State Fair in Novi
- Thursday 8/29 – Monday 9/2: The Romeo Peach Festival
- Friday 8/30 – Monday 9/2: The 40th Annual Detroit Jazz Festival
- Saturday 8/31 – Monday 9/2: The Hamtramck Labor Day Festival
- Sunday 9/29: Ann Delisi's Essential Conversation with Don Gonyea
- Beacon Park has announced its fall schedule of events.
- Please patronize these businesses on the Avenue of Fashion while it's under construction.
- Becky: The kayak tour at Detroit River Sports
- Seth: The Detroit podcasters representing at the Podcast Movement conference, including WDIV's Shattered, Michigan Radio's Believed, storyteller Shannon Cason, and Robin Kinnie of Motor City Woman.